Calling in the One with Katherine Woodward Thomas
I am so honored on this episode of “The Language of Love” that I get to sit down with Katherine Woodward Thomas. Katherine is not just a New York Times bestselling author, master teacher, and a marriage and family therapist: She is also a dear, dear friend and someone I often turn to for advice and support.
If you have ever heard the term ‘conscious uncoupling’ (made popular a few years ago when Gwyneth Paltrow when she divorced her partner Chris Martin), you know Katherine. “Conscious Uncoupling” is one of her most beloved books and truly a game-changer when it comes to how to approach breakups and divorce.
Her latest book “Calling In the One” is a must-read for anyone who is looking for love , or anyone feeling as though they don’t have the passion and romance in their life that they so deeply desire.
On this episode, Katherine and I get a chance talk about some of my favorite things. Here are some crucial life lessons you will learn on this episode:
• Resigned to Loneliness: Learning how to hold possibility for love even when you are dating in what feels like a ‘meat market’ and are feeling bitter and hopeless after fruitless online dating
• Overcoming the Four Main Obstacles to Love, including your ‘False Love Identity’
• Healing Your Past Wounds: Finding your ‘source fracture’ story which has lodged into your identity and made you feel unlovable and ‘not good enough’
• Feeling it, Not Thinking it: How somatic experiencing can help you ‘feel’ the love you deserve
• Getting Free from the Past: How to recognize and release old stories and wounds
• Becoming Future-Focused: Learning how to lean into your evolution and your possibility for powerful growth
I am so excited for you to tune into this episode. Give it a listen and let me know your thoughts!